Jack Cooper is one of the largest auto and truck transportation carriers in the nation. We serve most of the major domestic and foreign automotive manufacturers, delivering vehicles nation-wide to dealerships from plants, rail ramps, ports and auctions; and providing vehicle rail-car loading and unloading services. Over the last 80 years, we’ve become well-known for our quality and performance; building a reputation for our dependability and integrity. We have over 1,500 employees nation-wide; and we are one of the few remaining transport companies with professional Teamster union drivers.
We are looking for Car Haul Drivers who want to join our elite team. You must possess a Class A CDL with endorsements for operating a tractor/trailer with air brakes and have transportation experience for consideration. The ideal candidate is willing to work nights and/or slip seat operation when necessary, meet all background and MVR checks. FAST approved drivers will have priority.
We offer a competitive salary and Union benefits!
• Must be at least 21 years old
• Minimum of two (2) years verifiable tractor/trailer (over-the-road) driving experience; or one (1) year auto haul driving experience; or successfully completed the PTDI certified school and 6 months of tractor/trailer (over-the-road) experience
• Must be able to pass a DOT pre-employment background check including: drug screening and criminal background check
• No evidence of more than one current CDL license; nor previous history of suspension, revocation or cancellation of driving privileges, as a result of moving traffic violations or vehicle accidents within the past 3 years
• No combination of three (3) or more moving violations, convictions or preventable accidents in the past 36 consecutive months; nor previous history of conviction or forfeiture of bond for Major offenses while operating a motor vehicle; nor any involvement in a preventable rear-end accident within the last two (2) years
For more information on our company please visit our website at www.jackcooper.com