RECYCLING COLLECTIONS DRIVER
TERMS: Regular, full-time, non-exempt.
STARTING SALARY: $17.00/hr, 2 salary increases per year based on union schedule.
HOURS: 6:30am-4:30pm (approximate) 4 days/week M-F, overtime available
Eureka Recycling is a nonprofit organization serving Saint Paul and the Twin Cities area residents and businesses. Its purpose is to provide cutting-edge waste reduction and recycling information, services and programs that provide the greatest environmental results that are economically sustainable.
The purpose of this position is to safely and efficiently drive the recycling truck, pick up the recycled materials in bins at the curbside of residences, multi-family units, and businesses in the Minneapolis-St Paul metro area, and haul to the material recovery center. The driver also provides excellent customer service and records route data.The Recycling Collections Driver works in a collaborative and constructive manner which reflects the values of the organization and moves it towards its mission to demonstrate that waste is preventable, and not inevitable.
• Operate an International or Hino chassis equipped with a GS or Labrie Top-Select body for the collection of recyclable materials from residential homes and various building locations and transport them for recycling to a material recovery facility (MRF).
• Begin workday promptly at 6:30 am and work until all routes are completed.
• Follow a scheduled or authorized modified route as required.
• Operate a two-way radio to communicate with and receive instructions from a supervisor or dispatcher.
• Responsible for performing daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections of vehicle and perform minor maintenance such as monitoring fluid levels, checking for leaks, vehicle lighting, belts, air brake system function, tire pressure and other functions necessary for safe and efficient operation, recording results on Vehicle Condition Reports (VCR’s).
• Responsible for washing and cleaning interior of vehicle as required.
• Report malfunctions and repair requirements to fleet maintenance personnel and record on VCR.
• Tag containers to inform customers of issues involving their set-out of recyclables.
• Fill out and turn in driver reports and VCR’s every day, and fill out driver hour logs.
• Keep informed of road and weather conditions.
• Provide customer service in a professional and respectful manner when dealing with the public.
• Responsible for communicating accidents, near misses, incidents and injuries immediately to your supervisor, as well as completing all necessary reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.