The Successful Candidate for this position will be majorly
responsible for coordinating the various logistical functions in
the office, including but not limited to, communicating with the
Drivers and the Customers on a daily basis regarding the loads and
routes, dispatch personnel according to schedules and work
orders, entering various data into the computer systems, filling
out all related paperwork, resolve any load, shipping, receiving
and driver issues.
Education, Knowledge & other
- 2 years of experience in the office work environment,
preferably in the trucking industry.
- Thorough knowledge of load finding software. (Training can be
- Must have some basic knowledge of the highway trucking and
associated rules and Regulations.
- Must be able to use a computer with the thorough knowledge of
Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, email and the
- Must be punctual to work and be able to handle stress and meet
all deadlines in a timely manner with accuracy.
- Must be dependable and be able to work independently in a
fast-paced environment, under pressure, still with accuracy.
- Must be able to think critically, make important decisions, and
solve problems, independently.
- Must have friendly verbal and written communication skills and
be a responsible team player
- Finding and scheduling loads for back haul.
- Availability to work overtime and weekends, if needed.
- Must be able to provide EXCELLENT customer service.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Finding loads and back haul loads for the drivers.
- Planning, organizing, supervising and coordinating the drivers
and loads and sharing the related information with the drivers and
the brokers, shippers and receivers for timely pickups and
- Handling any requests and complaints from customers.
- Managing & handling customs paperwork for border crossing.
- Answering Phones.
- Review all Driver paperwork for accuracy and DOT compliance and
enter them into various spreadsheets, as assigned by the
- Scanning documents and typing information into the computer
- Ensure the HOS regulation & all other laws & regulations are
followed by the drivers.
- Measuring Fuel efficiency and Route efficiency on a weekly and
monthly basis to identify cost cutting possibilities.
- Schedule and follow up trucks and trailer maintenance.
- Make & Take calls from Drivers and update Time in and out
reports on their arrival and departure times.
- Responsible for filing all the paperwork in the filing cabinets
in a daily manner.
- Assisting drivers and customers during afterhours emergency
- Any other duties assigned by the Manager.
- Direct Deposit
- Retirement Plan /
- Vacation Pay
- Health Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Est. Miles A Week:
- Orientation Length:
- Satellite Communications:
General Information about DELtaura
2012 (6 years ago)
Type of Company:
Number of employees:
20 - 49
Number of company trucks:
20 - 49
Number of trucking owner operators:
5 - 9
DEltaura is an established, growing logistics company located in
the Reading, PA and the Chicago, IL area.
DELtaura Additional Jobs
Based on your search, you may qualify for these other openings
DELtaura also has the following other openings available:
Truck Driver Requirements
Equipment Types (and experience required):
- Minimum Age: 24
- License Classes: N/A
- OTR Exp: None Required
- OTR Exp in last 5 years: None Required - [List in Job
- Local Exp: None Required
- Endorsements Required: None
- DUI Policy: Must be before Apr 25, 2015
- Felony Policy: Will Consider
- Moving Violations: 1 in the last 3 years
- Reckless Driving Violations: 1 in the last 3 years
- Preventable Accidents: 1 in the last 3 years